Monday, April 28, 2008

"You are the Hannah Montana of Cancer"...thanks Eason

My trip to Knoxville was fun and the wedding was beautiful. It was good change in scenery. I was really nervous about going to the wedding because it was the first time I have worn my wig "out in public" as no one knew my story what was going on. I feared people might say something about me or point fingers. I didn't see anyone doing that but it was always in the back of my mind. To be honest, I could not handle the drive 5 hours in a car up and down a mountain was not fun at all. I felt like throwing up oh so many times. I just kept eating lemonheads. My doctors said that lemonheads help with the nausea. I am extremely tired and feel out of it. I have the "chemo dark circles' under my eyes and I pray that will go away soon.

Tonight my ABC mini series aired and it was so good. Claire did a great job. Mom cried through the whole thing! Speaking of ABC, Claire called and said that Good Morning America anchor Robin wants to meet me! She is also battle Breast Cancer and heard my story! So I will be flying to New York soon and I am so excited about getting national attention to spread the word on breast cancer in younger woman! I will keep you posted on when I go.

Nothing else new with me, just more and more of my friends are getting in engaged and I am still waiting. I checked the front yard and no money tree was planted so waiting is game. I hate checking Facebook.

Well I am off to bed! Thank you everyone again for all the thoughts and prayers. With your support I am not sure I could do this!

Check the Ta Ta's

7 comments:

Katherine said...

Before Joel and I got married, there was a lot of waiting to know what the Lord wanted for us. This verse really spoke to me at that time and, maybe, it will speak to you as you wait on a proposal. Psalm 27:13-14 says, "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." In this scripture, the word wait means to "gather together" with the Lord--to bind yourself to Him. My prayer is that you are clinging to the Lord during this journey with cancer and in your relationship with Brian. May the Lord be your strength, your joy, your peace, your comfort. Family and Friends, and even Brian, are not enough to give you what you need, but the Lord is more than enough. Love you and praying for you.

Joy in AL said...

Good Morning America...How Exciting!! Make sure and let us know when (I say "when" because they WILL put you on, I have no doubts) you will be on!

I was just wondering, I know Relay for Life is this weekend, but if you have any "Cure Catherine" shirts left, I'd buy one.

Continued prayers...
Joy at The Cup

Rachel said...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jer. 29:11) You are on a journey that God has planned for your life. Don't worry about being engaged right at this moment but focus on getting through your treatment. God knows what will happen tomorrow. "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Matt 6:34). I've been through the fire you are going through and you are not alone! Lean on God for the comfort that only He can give. He wants you to need Him right now.

Julie Moncrief said...

Hey Cat ,
I know my situation was very different from yours but I remember very vividly the "wait" for Emma Grace. In the beginning I felt like I could do nothing but "WAIT" until we could try again to the have another child. Those were some of the lonliest times or so I thought but you see what God showed be was in my "wait" I could draw near to him and he would draw near to me. I am sure you felt like I did at times -that no one understood what I was going through but remember this truth. Your heavenly father knows your every feeling, he knows the hurts and the desires of your heart. In fact the word tells us HE keeps record of every tear we shead. Now there is a comfort!!! So while I don't know exactly what you are going through, I know the wait and I can assure you God's PERFECT timing and plan is the best engagement story you can imagine. I am reminded of this fact everytime I look at Emma Grace. God's perfect timing provided us with the perfect daughter for our family!!!And the best gift of all is the deep relationship I developed with the Lord during my "wait"..God is using this time for his purpose and his Glory. What an honor that he trusts you enough to carry this out! We love you and pray foy you daily. I pray the Lord will renew your strength as he does all those who wait upon him!!!

Love Julie, Rett, Trey and Emma Grace
PS don't forget your family in Alabama when you get all famous!!

Unknown said...

Hey Superstar!
I guess the wait is over:)

David and Alice Phelps said...

Hi Catherine,
We are still praying very hard for your complete recovery !! Chin up and God bless you !!!
In Jesus love,
David and Alice
Rom. 8:28 ¶ And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Rom. 8:29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Anonymous said...

Catherine,
I think it's wonderful that so many people are looking to you to be more informed about Breast cancer and young women. You don't know me, but my aunt sent me an article from her paper about you. I was 22 when my cancer was diagnosed - I had been married 18 mos and had no children. On Friday I will celebrate 12 years cancer free and also the 8th birthday of my youngest of three daughters. On Sunday I will turn 35. Still another 5 years before breast cancer should even be a blip on my radar. There is life after a cancer diagnosis. It is wonderful and beautiful and FILLED with amazing blessing that will be all the richer for the difficulties you have now. I pray health and healing and most of all unquenchable hope for you.