Monday, April 14, 2008

Can't Sleep!

Good Morning!

Its 6:17 am and I can not sleep. Everyone in my house is getting ready for work and I am just now getting ready for my PJ day! This is week I plan to take things REAL slow and do much of anything because I do not want to be sick like last time! I feel real tired this time but not as "sick". My stomach and chest feel real tight but they saw that is just from all the medicine I have to take before and right after the Chemo. I am so thankfully I am officially at 4 to go. It does not seem it could get here fast enough!

My grandmother is here now to help me this week so I am not by myself! She also brought her good cooking so I know this will be a better time around. I am taking a steroid that makes me eat ATON because I loss to much last time. I don't want to loose to much weight cause then they lower the amount of chemo which means more later down the road and I really like this 4 number! So bring on the bacon Nanny!

This weekend I basically slept. Friday and Saturday were bad days just didn't want to move or do anything. Sunday was a good day. I went to Church and then to lunch and even went to Kroger with my mom. I am on a high protein diet so therefore, we ate a steak but don't to excited mine was dry and rubber cause I cannot have any pink throughout, but it was safe and I ate it!

Today will be a boring day, just lying around watching my TV and eating! I look forward for these days to be over!

More later!

Check the TA TA's

5 comments:

Kristi & Gil said...

Hi Catherine--I attend church in Douglasville, GA (just outside of ATL) with Perry & Lauren McGuire (who I believe know your mother). You have been on our Sunday school prayer list for a few weeks now. Your story touched me especially b/c I'm 29 and a 3 1/2 yr survivor from Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I was diagnosed a week before turning 25 and had been engaged for one month. Your story has taken me back to all the memories of chemo, radiation, head shaving, port hurting, after-shot achiness, etc. I've been there and (like you mentioned) I was disappointed in the lack of support groups for our age group. My fiance at the time and I also went through the same struggles of fertility. We took the same approach you did...if God wants us to have children, we will. After 8 rounds of chemo and 17 radiation treatments, we got married a month and a half after treatment (wig and all!). We were blessed with our precious daughter Jan. 2007. Don't give up on your faith and trust that God will take you through this and use your story in miraculous ways. So--if you ever want to chat about what you are going through or want some friendly advice to survive chemo, please feel free to e-mail me sometime at kshearouse@hotmail.com.

Take care,
Kristi Shearouse

Mrs. Billings said...

Catherine, I hope you have a nice lazy day with your grandmother. We're having club at Annie's if you would like to be praying around club time (unless of course you feel up to visiting!). Talk to you soon.

Mrs. Billings said...

Catherine, I found this website while reading the AJC at work, and I think you need to send your story to this lady, Daryn Kagan.

Her website is http://darynkagan.com/index.html and the motto of her website is "Show the World What's Possible" and she is a former news anchor who now tells stories of hope and things like that.

Let me know what you think, and I hope you're still taking it easy!

Shelly said...

Hi Catherine - I hope you are doing well and please let me know if you need anything at all! I just wanted to let you know of a website one of our family friends has put together. Check out http://www.herestoasweetrecovery.com There are lots of cool things on here and I think it will just get better! Love ya1

MaryLawson Day said...

Hang in there chemo Buddy. I am proud of you. Rest well and eat when you can.
I am praying.
Thanks for walking with me through this.
Love,
ml