Wednesday, April 16, 2008

SweetHeart

Sorry for not writing yesterday, I had somewhat of a lazy but full day. I woke up with a very bad soar throat, to the point my dad and grandmother took me to the doctor. Basically they told this will be my illness from now with chemo is the throat and mouth problems! It hurts, but it is WAY better then in the hospital! They sent me home with some medicine that I take every 4 hours. Total that makes 8 pills for me to take! I guess you can say I know how to "pop the pills".

Last night was a good night, my roommate from Mercer came by to let me know that for the 2nd year in a row I was nominated to be on the Kappa chapter of KA of Mercer Rose Court. To some of the girls I know its not a big deal, but when you are fighting for your life and I find joy that someone today thought of someone else and not of themselves, I could not believe it. Why on earth would 27 boys want me to represent them on campus? Well I didn't believe and actually waited till midnight till I heard from 2 of the brothers that it really happened. So thank you KA for giving me something to look forward to! Tomorrow they will have a dinner honoring all the Roses and I am praying that I will be well enough to go! I know I will cry, cause its nice to see everyone again! Also, this weekend the boys will head to Tybee Island for Old South and it just tears me up because this is where Brian and I met! My girlfriends have promise they will call! This is what I was talking about it. The simply things of just giving me title gives my mind such a positive boost its (as my niece would say) amazing!

Today I am really resting I talked to some of my brothers on the phone and they excited for me to try to come. I am really sore with joint pains. I am now waiting on my dad to bring us lunch I am so hungry! (my poor dad!) My grandmother has to go today and I wish she could stay longer but she has her big trip planned to Tocca Falls with her Sunday School friends this weekend! (wish I could go).

Well I am headed back to watch t.v. and stay quiet. Sarah Ruffin is coming to visit me this afternoon along with other people. Thanks to everyone who brighten my day!

Check the Ta Ta's

3 comments:

MaryLawson Day said...

Thanks for emailing. I am sorry abt the throat. I keep telling myself that I need to be thankful that I am getting chemo; that I get every Earthly piece of ammo to fight against the Cancer. My body does not feel thankful most days and I know yours does not either.
You have a great outlook. Your posts help me laugh and it helps to just hear that someone else is wrestling with all of this. I am grateful for God's peace and the promise that He does not leave us. I am going this morning for my 3rd dose of AC. When we get out of this fog, we NEED to have lunch (or just sit and talk).
I am praying for you. I hope that you get to go this weekend.
Love,
ml

Diana said...

Hi Cat! Good to hear your feeling good this week! Really cant wait to see the hair! I bet its fabuulous! I want to get a T-shirt so let me know who to talk to! Okiedoke!? I know you have a crazy schedule, but I would love to come by the house sometime. I love u very much and hope for the best!

threehandprints said...

Hi. First, let me tell you who I am. My husband used to work with your fiance's dad at KC over in Lagrange. We were transfered over 2 years ago but keep in touch with Donnie Barnes(we went to church with him). My husband, Larry knew Joel pretty well too and I have even met him before. Anyway, Donnie emailed your site to Larry. We will keep you in our prayers and I hope you are feeling better with your throat. If you want to read about us or see pictures of my kids...check my site out!