Friday, April 25, 2008

Hannah Montana

I know my little cousin Emma Grace will love this post ;) Today after my fifth interview I really feel like Hannah Montana!

My mom school held a mock Relay for Life to raise money for the real walk which is May 2-3. I was asked to come out and start the walk. I was very honored to see all these little (well not all of them are little, some where bigger then me!) 6,7, and 8 graders pay $2 to walk. I know half really just wanted to get out of class but hey that's $2 towards finding a cure! 13WMAZ came out and filmed the walk and interviewed some of mom's teachers, parents, mom, and finally me. I was not prepared for this interviewed and I am really scared I sound stupid! I hope people will catch some of the other media I am in!

For record, I am very honored on all the attention I am getting and thankful I can spread the word on young women can get breast cancer. This brings my total media appearances to 4. I have 2 news casts. and 2 newspapers under my belt. I am now waiting on NBC to call then I would have all of Macon media covered!

Pick up an 11th Hour newspaper, my article is there today. Tonight I will be on 13WMAZ at 5 or 6 pm (they are sure which time slot yet.) Next week starts the ABC special and the promo is airing now.

My Godmother told me last night that I needed an agent! Any takers?

Before I go I have another Granger story! I hear people really enjoy these: Yesterday Brian and I took Granger to the park with some friends and their new lab puppy and wore the two out. When we brought him home my dad was like "don't let that dog in this house, he is dirty and needs a bath." For the record that dog was not dirty, he did roll in mud or step in anything, he was just fine. But anyways we put him out and of course Samford J (my Boston terrier) gets to come in. Well this makes Granger mad. He is out there even at dark! Finally, I get to bring him in just to feed him. My dad takes the trash out and finds a surprise. My dad comes in yelling at me "Look what he did now" You would have thought he ate the deck. He chewed up a mat that goes in front of the grill. It came from the dollar store. I tried to tell my dad its because he sees everyone inside and he is mad. I would be to. My dad lets him stay in and Granger just slept the night away on his bed. Never made a sound. Mom and I both know that he is better in the house then he outside. But my dad will see that!

I am headed to my sister's house this weekend so I don't know if I will get a chance to write. I post the stories when I get home!

Check the Ta Ta's

8 comments:

Katie Buse said...

Hi Cathrine,

You don't know me but I work in Customer Service at Royal Cup and speak with your dad on a regular basis.Your dad gave us the website and I thought I would check it out. I want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray for your full recovery and will continue to check out your blogs....Katie Buse

Coach Bruce said...

Catherine,
This is Coach Bruce. Saw the article in the paper this morning. It was the first I had heard. Sounds just like you. You have a super attitude and I really believe that's a large part of the battle. Keep doing what it takes. I expect that from you. Besides, if you could put up with me, you can whoop anything. Still have the Tommy Tuberville autograph picture I gave you? I'll be looking at your site. Never give in!

Debbie Barrs said...

Catherine,
I saw you in the paper today and Sam has seen you on T.V. I can't wait to tell Mollie! You know I am thinking about you and praying for you- You precious Angel!
Love ya,
Debbie Barrs

Julia Manard said...

Hey Catherine--
I didn't know you had this site until i saw it in the paper today. I continue my prayers daily. You are so strong.
I love you,
Julia Manard

Miracle said...

Catherine, you probably do not remember me but I met you on several occasions at Weaver Middle School in the front office when you were visiting your mother(Dr. Carswell). You should have received my cards and I know you thought to yourself "who is this woman and why is she sending me a card." Well, Catherine in 2005 my 20 year old daughter while a student at Wesleyan College was diagnosed with a rare brain disorder while pregnant and was unable to walk, feed or bathe herself and had to wear a catherer. But thanks be to GOD she is out of her wheelchair and on a cane. Just like GOD brought her through I know he can and will bring you and your family through. Catherine your life and your Blog is a testimony of your faith and strength in God. The warmth of your spirit and smile is what I remembered when I heard about your struggle. My daughter, Alysha and I are daily lifting YOU up to GOD. God will answer prayer!

mz_fysh said...

My mother in law just endured 3 months of chemo and radiation after being diagnosed with Squamous cell carcinoma in her mouth...and after supporting her through her treatment, it is evident that 'attitude' is the key to recovery. Even on the worse days, Mom laughed. Your positive attitude will also see you through as will the many prayers of family, friends and those you meet. And when you set the wedding date, I'd be privilige to be your photographer--as a gift. Just let me know....mz fysh

Unknown said...

Hi there Cat Cat! I am sure it was a great weekend with everyone in Knoxville; especially Cookie! Save all the newspaper articles and interview tapings for me. We need all those to improve the value of the Aplin scrapbooks! Love you bunches and always lifting you up! Miss Clara

tzivia said...

Dear Catherine -
I heard about your illness today. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. If anyone can overcome this hurdle, it's you! Your attitude is amazing. I hope that you get through your treatment as well as can be expected.
Love,
Sheila Elkon