Friday, April 11, 2008

Chemo 2

Today's Chemo went well. I was there from 9:40 to about 4:30. I have lost some weight so therefore my doctor had to reduce the amount of chemo and added more nausea drip so that is why it took so long. Brian and mom went with me along with my fan club which included ABC news affiliate, Stephanie (the photographer who is documenting my journey), along with friends who stopped by on their lunch breaks (Molly, Alex, Mickey, and Sarah). My uncle JP brought everyone lunch which I was very grateful for because I really was getting hungry at that point. I wrote a couple of thank you cards, did a interview with the news, took some pictures, then slept most of the time since I did not sleep much last night.

Delaney Holliman came today and brought me a DVD from my "head shaving party" and WOW they are so good and mean oh so much to me! Stephanie did a GREAT job. She truly captured the moment. I will treasure this set forever. I'm going to be really brave and post a couple on-line through Facebook (it is easier that way)

I feel OK just really tired. This is an all day event. But the nurses took great care of me so I think that has made it easier for me! (thanks Jamie). It was nice to come home to a home cooked meal. Thanks to the YoungLife Committee Leaders, for taking care of me on days of my chemo and everyday you think of me! Brian and I treasures you guys so much.

Tomorrow I will start working out at the Wellness Center with the Cancer fit program at 9:00 am. Then back to the doctors office to get the "after chemo shot" Then I am being interviewed for the news. REMEMBER: this will air starting April 28 and run through May 1.

I have had many people ask what can you do, or how you can help. Well there are several ways. First, a group of girls have put together a Relay for Life team and have made T-Shirts. The slogan is perfect. Fits me to the tee! its Navy shirt with a pocket on the front the says Relay for Life and on the back they put the Chanel C's with at the bottom that says "Cure Catherine" you may purchase one for $15 dollars. Please let me if you are interested and I get you in touch with the girls who are selling them.

Another way Wachovia Bank on Tom Hill Sr. has created an account for me called Cure Catherine and donations may be made. This will help with the unwanted expenses that insurance will not cover. The account number is 2000034559509. This will really help my parents out!

Thank you to everyone who has sent cards, packages, food, and all the prayers. I can not thank you enough. I promise there will be thank you cards coming soon. There just has been a lot on plate so it is taking me some time!!!

Enjoy the pics!

Check the Ta Ta's

PS: Lynn, I am updating my blogg! I just can't do it when I am on a date with the trash can or toliet!!!! love you!

PSS: 2 down, 4 to go!!!!!!

7 comments:

MaryLawson Day said...

I know that it is so good to feel God's love through those around you. I am proud of you and thankful for how He is at work in your life.
Hope that today is a good one, free from the yucky taste in your mouth, bad nausea, etc.
Love and prayers,
ml day

Sara Beth Stout said...

Catherine,
I have now subscribed to your blog so I can keep up with your life and know better how to pray for you. Love you! ~Sara Beth

Bruce Goddard said...

Catherine, Can you send me the address of where to buy the tee shirts. I will pass on to others. rbgoddard@cox.net

Thnx.

Ericka B. Jackson said...

Yes PLEASE! I want a shirt my love! I'll wear it proudly :) Let me know how to get one- erickabennett@adventures.org

LOVE YOU!!!

Unknown said...

Catherine,
I was sent your blog by a friend of a friend--I am 27 and have cancer and had a double mastectomy on February 28th (the day of your diagnosis, right?). I started AC a couple of weeks ago and then will do taxol, and my hair is falling out majorly right now! Just wanted to let you know you are not the only young person dealing with this now and I am thinking and praying for you. My email is katiecochrane1 at yahoo.com if you ever want to get in touch....take care of yourself.

Best,
Katie

Addie C said...

Hey Catherine,

You don't know me, but I go to Georgia Tech with your cousin, Hallee. I just wanted to tell you that the Zetas here are praying for you every single day. If there's absolutely anything we can do, please let us know. From what Hallee has said, you're an amazing woman of God, and I know He will continue to bless your life through this hardship. Again, if there's anything I can do, Hallee knows how to get in touch with me.

Stay strong and pray hard!
-Addie Colwell

shakey1694 said...

i am a photographer for newtown macon and know ed grisamore for my lions club days. if you need any publicity photo's just let me know.

on a personal note my wife endured the chemo theraphy and i accompanied her all the time - this is the reason i extend this service to you.

if i can help let me know.

mark