Friday, March 14, 2008

Tater

Nothing new today, just ran more errands today with my parents trying to get ready for next week's surgery for my port. My sister has made plans to fly in Atlanta to meet me the night before surgery. I am having my port put in on Wednesday of next week at 8:00 am. Chemo will start that next day with a 4 hour drip.

Funny story of the day: I thought I had talked my parents of getting a puppy or an older dog. I told them of how hard it is for at night cause that is when my mind just runs with thoughts and can't sleep. I tried sleeping my Samford J (my Boston terrier) but he hates sleeping with people and he does not like change so he was out of comforting my at night. My mom suggested of me having Granger (Me and Brian's Vizsla) but I thought early in the day that taking Granger away from Brian would not be good for him and that Brian would miss him to much. So mom and I go on a dog hunt this afternoon. We started with our Vet's office and they found a lady that would give me a Cockapoo for free but they are six months old and I would have to train him. After that we went to Pets Unlimited to what they had. Of course they would have one of my all time favorite dogs. Sitting so lazy like in the chairs were 2 BOXERS!!! I flip, mom flip because she grew up with boxers and she even said one of them looks like "Tuffy". One Boxer was all white (which is what I wanted) but the problem with her was she was deaf. The other one was perfectly mark, house and create train and ready to go. The weird about it they were the owners dogs. I pulled the cancer card and she felt so bad she offered to flat out give me one of her boxers! We were floored, before I could say "oh no ma' I can take one of your personal animals", she was one her phone with her husband asking "out of appy or tater which one can I give up?" I was thinking Oh Lord! She said I could pick, I told I would could Tater the brown one cause I am broke and deaf and I just can't have my dog broken too!

Mom told her lets us think about and we would get back in touch with her. We came home and when Brian came over after school and told him he flip. All he was thinking was after you have cancer we will have 2 BIG DOGS to take care and we are just doing OK with the one we got!

All-in-all Granger is here tonight. Dad brought a kennel for him to stay in during the day. There will be no new dog.

Tomorrow I start Cherry Blossom again and I am excited to get back in to the groove of things. Can't wait for this weekend!

Check the Ta Ta's

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Catherine,
Hey girl. This is Rachael Lee. Bunny emailed me about your situation. And I've got to say, I was so sad until I saw your blogs...you have such an amazing perspective, girl. I'm have been so impacted and inspired by you just in these few days...I am so sorry that you will be enduring this 'cross', though. I am praying for you and would love to talk with you. Could you email me your phone number at rachael@thechapelbrunswick.com! Love you, girl.
Rachael

pjianek said...

i should come over with my pups and we could have a puppy sleepover.

-eason

Anonymous said...

Hey Catherine!
This is Ms. Gina! You are amazing!! You are in our prayers daily and Kip has people in Colorado and Missouri praying for you, too!
Here's a thought...does it have to be a dog??? We could send you Laura for a while!!! :)
And another thought...don't worry one bit about the hair thing because your SHOES are so cute that no one will be looking at your hair!!!!!
We love you!