Sunday, March 16, 2008

Cancer Shower


I truly have amazing friends. Having cancer shows you who some of your real friends are. Like in high school it is so easy for everyone to show up to events because everyone is home and around. In college people start to thin out and people can't just drop everything to get together.


Last night some of my old but best friends threw me a "cancer shower" and I loved it! We started out with dinner at the Players Club it was great seeing all the friends that came home for me. My girlfriends made the breast cancer ribbons that we all wore and catching up was the best part. 2 are married now, one living in Athens and the other in Macon. Another is busy trying to get in to Graduate School, One is busy trying to survive the real retail world of Atlanta, One starting Nursing School, with another graduating from Nursing School and Finally 2 finishing up from that awful school of UGA! ha just kidding one good thing from UGA is great friends ;).


I told some funny doctors stories and filled them in on whats going on and a time of everything and my future plans. After dinner we went back to a house for pink Cosmo and gifts which was my favorite part. I got great P.J.'s along with the best thoughtful gifts! The love in that last night was so powerful and just so much I can't describe in words how much it makes me smile to remember last night. So a big thank you to all my girls last night!
Check the Ta Ta's

5 comments:

Katherine said...

Catherine, what awesome friends you have to rally around you. We're praying for you.

Candy said...

Catherine,
Sounds like you have some wonderful friends!!! What a great time you must have had being together!
I woke up thinking of you this morning...Praying you will have a Happy St. Patricks Day!!! Remember you are in my thoughts and prayers...love, candy

Isabelle said...

Catherine,
You definitely have a future in writing or perhaps a stand up comedy act...though I can only imagine how scary this must be at times. I am praying for you everyday and hope that you feel God's presence each step of the way. You are truly an inspiration to us all. We love you...Isabelle & Blake

Elizabeth said...

Cat,

I am so glad you had a good time. I want you to know that all of us had fun too being with you and surprising you and we are not done my friend! I am so excited to support you during this time, and I am MOST excited about our 3-Day team! There is no doubt in my mind that we will be able to give over $50K to breast cancer research in your name! How awesome! I will keep you posted on the progress! Love you girl!

Melissa said...

praying for you TODAY!!!! Hugs~