Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Start Running

Sorry I have not written any thing in a while. I have been super busy and super tired. Monday I went to "Chemo Class" which was hell on earth. The teacher was an old friend's aunt and she was trying to make this easy as possible. I get angry when the nurses are like you should join a support group to get you through this but my next question is are there any in there my age. Of course the responds is oh no sorry. After class I had lunch with Kimberly and her mom and then YES we WENT TOOOOOOO..................SHHHHH ITS A WIG!!!! Oh my Lord that place is a trip! I kid you not you walk into this old shopping center on Mercer University and all these white and black Styrofoam head forms looking you down like buy me!!! Ms Gloria will help you in oh so many ways girlfriend. She said "sit right up here and let me pull some down for you to try on." Oh my Lord I tried on Blonde's, Reds (I find out that I looked like Jen Marshall!), even black with highlights. What an experience. She put the stalking cap on my head which was a huge step for me. I actually took the steps to see what I looked like with my bald head. I cried a bit its shocking, it really is. But i know this is how God wanted me to show my true beauty. I found wig and its my same hair color.

Sarah Baker Bennett one of Holley's girlfriends that she graduated with at Westside and also was ZTA (philanthorty was Susan G. Komen) cut my wig exactly like my hair now. We ended up cutting a few inches off so that way it will not be so dramatic coming out. I now have the Katie Holmes bob. She did it all out of love and support for me and family and cannot thank her enough!

Yesterday went to pick up Holley at the Airport on our way into Buckhead. Here are some funny stories of the night. Parking with dad is interesting we park at the top of the building away from everyone else even though we were only 1 hour to get sis ( we really didn't want any one messing with the car.) We walk 30 miles just to meet. Once we get her and back in the Van off up 400 we go. We passed the sign outside of the Airport that said "WELCOME TO GA, SONNY PURDUE GOVERNOR BLAH BLAH" with out a quick in her step mom goes "Where have we been?, I thought we never left GA!" Oh my you laugh it out . Then we were driving to find something to eat at 10 at night so we went to the Buckhead dinner thinking it was going to be an I-HOP or Waffle House. Not so much of the case. It was white table clothes, 7 star meals. Got back to the Hampton Inn ( cause only were my dad will stay) We were all unloading our bags when I made the comment---"I carry my bags dad" Mom so quick with jokes, says "BAGSDAD" get it? WOW this is what cancer does to you when you and your family has not sleep! I did not sleep at all that night way to nervous about getting my port.

Wednesday morning arrives and I am getting ready to go to the Northside Hospital, I decided that I would out smart the nurses and pre drug myself up and that way I can get there they get put the IV in and we will be smooth sailing! Holley numbs my veins in the inside of my elbows we cover them up and take my Valium and I think I am jamming!

Not so much the nurse prances in there and says will that was cute but sweaty I have to put the IV in your hand not arm because they might have to move your arm in order to get the port in right. Bloody Hell, just I as thought this was going to be nothing they try my right arm and nothing works, then they stick me again in the left and finally works after 3 more Valium, numbing cream, and sniffing salt we got in! Whew! I don't remember anything after that.

I woke in recovery nausea as hell. The funny part about the whole thing is that my recovery nurse made me a care package with cute small pillows that I have to use under my arms while sleeping, and (I don't remember this next part but my mom told me it was really funny) then she pulls out this big fluffy soft lion and I yelled "Sir Fidel", Sir Fidel is here" and my mom said no honey its courage the cancer lion and said no that ADPi he is Sir Fidel. that poor nurse...even when I am unconscious I still have them on my heart! Thank you to the Chapter at Southern for praying for me in these difficult times! would to come down and meet the ones I don't know!

Tomorrow is a really scary day. I start Chemo at 11:20. Its a 4 drip and can not tell you the emotions me and my whole family are going there. My mom and my sister are going with me while Scott and Catie Beth will drive down tomorrow night so that way we can spend Easter together.

Well here we go. Its officially starting tomorrow. No looking back, but running forward. My life has now changed forever. Please be with me and my whole family.

Check the Ta Ta's

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

Thanks for not putting up the crazy wig pictures! ;-) I love you!

Bethany said...

praying for you today!

Goose & Mimi said...

We are thinking of you today. Be strong and know that this is going to get you better.We love you!
Mimi and Goose

ESL from WHS said...

Hey Catherine! I am so glad that I got to talk with you yesterday! Thanks for sharing this blogspot with me so I can stay updated. When you asked what else was new with me I should have told you about the puppies I am giving away...if you want a puppy or our seven year old dog( which we really may be having to give away) you are more than welcome to them. Both are black lab females and are in town right now....call my parents' house and I will be more than happy to bring them for you to look at. On another note...I saw the pic of the shower and I am upset with HGL for not calling me to tell me about you bc she has my cell phone number! Keeping you in my prayers! Love you! Elizabeth

larrybettys said...

Hope you can continue to find things to laugh about. WOW! What experiences you have had. Praying for you! Glad you have such a supportive family. Love to all, Mr. Larry and Ms. Betty

MaryLawson Day said...

Catherine,
I have been keeping up with your blog. I am praying for you. I pray that you know His peace and that you feel Him holding you as you head into chemo. He is strong when we are weak.
Love,
MaryLawson Day

Candy said...

HI Catherine,
Just read your update ...Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray for something for you to laugh about today! Your smile is contagious! You are a special friend. Love you bunches! blessings, candy

Jeana Outland said...

Dear Catherine,
You may not remember me but I am Brooke Outland's mom from LaGrange, Ga. I met you at a soccer game in LaGrange with Brian. Brooke is a youth minister here and I an a Nurse. We have been praying for you. I want to share a few things with you."Sorrows come to stretch out spaces in the heart for joy." and "May the Lord open our eyes to see him, even in temptations, trials, dangers, and misfortunes. a friend gave me the book "Streams in the Desert" and it has certainly spoke to my heart. we will continue to pray for you. May God bless and keep you always.
Jeana Outland