Monday, September 8, 2008

Ants are Marching

We have been so busy lately that I need everyone to go to back to work just so I can rest! First off we are back in our home. Thank goodness! I hated that apartment, for those who visited me there knows what I am talking about. Whoever lived there before us was a chain smoker and maintenance could not get the smell out. On top that I am allergic to smoke to you can image how I felt. As everyone knows college football kick off, and I said from the get go that I was not going to let anything get in between my Auburn Football Season or as mom puts says, "its ball season people". I have gone to Auburn for the past 2 weekends and tailgated yes, in the heat and I felt like I was home. To me the greatest feeling in the world is to surrounded by the best family anyone could ask for and the land filled with orange and blue! My extended family comes from all over, GA, SC, and AL. I enjoyed seeing everyone in person and updating them on whats been going on. I have not made it in to the game yet simply because my back still hurts. I am hoping my back will be better for LSU or UGA.

Holley and Cookie came home with us last week and stayed to help me unpack and take me to my oncologist last Friday. That was the first time I had seen Dr. Jones since my surgery. She was very pleased of how I looked and the results of my pathology report. Here is what it said, I had 12 lymph nodes removed with cancer in 4 of them. In the others, I had some alternating cells (which could one day turn into cancer) but she said it was the report I could have received. because of the nodes I will have 6 weeks of radiation. I go next week to meet Dr. Simpson and view how it will be done. Dr. Jones said the left side of my chest will look like a treasure map. You can image that jokes Brian and my sister came up with to that comment! Dr. Beegle wants me to complete radiation before he finishes the reconstruction surgery. My left breast is healed great the right is still pretty pissed off. I was joking with one of friends from SC, Michelle, can you image a breast being pissed off!!! I am hoping it will realize that I had to do what was best for it!

Speaking of my chest do I have a funny story. Since all this rain we have been having because of the hurricanes we have had an ant problem. My dad makes an appointment for the bug man to come on Friday at 11 am. That morning Cookie woke me up and I jump in the shower to get ready for my Dr's. appointment now when I got out of the shower I was getting ready. Here's the scene: My bedroom door was closed, lights and T.V. on my bathroom door (which is inside my bedroom) was open. I had just put on my pants with no top or hair. I get this cell phone call from sis downstairs saying that the bug man was here, before she could finish her statement I had turned around to see this old big bug man just looking at my bare chest. I said yes, sis I know. I looked at him and said excuse just one second and shut my bathroom door. I could I do but just laugh. I had just flashed the bug man my nipple less, nasty looking chest. through the doors I could hear "Uh Uh I am just here to spray the ants, your dad called about the ants". I opened the doors to show him where the ants were and on top of that my blinds fell on my left arm cutting me and breaking several pictures and my 21st birthday wine glass ( I was a little upset). I screamed because of my scare of Lymphademia in the left arm. The bug man was now sweating from head to toe. Holley showed him where the ants were on the window and I am trying to call dad freaking out that the window crew did not install my blinds right and that my arm will become a balloon...my dad so calming says "accidents happens". That was not good enough for me! In the meantime, my paw-paw of a bug man yells at the top of the stairs that he was going to spray outside and he would put the checkout sheet on the counter, no need for a signature! Holley and I just laughed and said OK thank you! I am sure he had seen all he could see for day. I had notice he wore a nausea patch like I did with chemo and it was behind his ear...lets just say it was at his neck by the time he left! I called one of my best friend named Caroline (she is a nurse) freaking out about what to do with my arm she laughed at the problem and calmed me down and told me my arm was fine and that I was going to the Dr. in an hour. Dr. Jones said I was fine but she had never laughed so hard!

Point to story..if you are going to visit with me PLEASE CALL or KNOCK on my door, thanks.

Last week I also had the chance to finally meet Bruce Goddard. He wrote an article on me back in the spring and he wanted to follow-up and see how I was doing. We told funny stories and he told me of the people that really read this thing. Which I really had no idea just how many people read this thing. I enjoy reading his blogs and don't mind seeing myself on there.

Talk to you soon!

Check the Ta's Ta's

4 comments:

Wee Vikings' Adventures said...

Danielle called me laughing out loud about he bugman incident..
can't wait to ask my bugman if he was the one!!
heee!!
Glad you are doing well!
Prayers are with you!
Tell everyone hello!
dana walker

Kelly Jones said...

Hi Catherine!

I just wanted to let you know that I read your blog regularly, and think about you often. I'm glad you're doing better these days. I miss the ole days at Westside when life didn't seem simple, but it really was. :)

I also wanted to let you know I'll be happy to help you put Google Analytics on your blog. It is just a snippet of HTML code that will track how many visitors you have coming to your site. It'll tell you how they got there, and how much they read. It really gives you all the information you'd ever want to know.

Just let me know if you want me to set it up. Kcjones08 at Gmail.com

Wishing you all the best,
Kelly Jones

P.S. Go Dawgs! ;)

David and Alice Phelps said...

Hi Catherine,

Your incident with the bug man is nothing short of hilarious !! Glad that you have a super good sense of humor !! And that your arm is OK.

Bruce Goddard is an old friend of mine and a wonderfully nice guy !! He used to memorize Bible scripture by the chapter.

Keep on. It sounds like you are doing well !!

In the love of Jesus Christ,

David and Alice Phelps

Jer. 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Hope Baldwin said...

Catherine,
Just finished reading your entire blog! WOW...... You need to really be in every highschool/college telling these girls to " check the tatas". LOL
and you pic is probably on "Bugmans most wanted list" now!!
I found your blogspot because I am a friend of your mom. You are an amazing young woman and an inspiration to so many!!! Good Luck with the wedding plans, go war eagle, and keeping FIGHTING!!! You have a story that needs to be told!
Our prayers are with you!!